POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced script, idea/help. : Re: Advanced script, idea/help. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced script, idea/help.
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Apr 1999 14:06:01
Message: <371a10f9.0@news.povray.org>
I don't thin you have to stick "advanced" to every heading simply to justify
posting here :)

Anyway, what you want seems simple enough. I won't discuss making the
initial object. But as for adding it recursively - here's how I imagine it:

You first generate the 1st level object. Save all the end points _and_
directions of the respective branches in an array.
Now, take a point in the array, and scale, rotate & translate both your 1st
level object - and all the points & directions in the array - relative to
the current point and the corresponding direction.
You now have a second-level instance of the object and its end
points/directions. Repeat the process to the desired recursion level,
similar to the "pyramid" example macro...

I know this didn't come out all that well. Hopefully you got the main idea.
I'll try to create an example macro when I have more time.

Margus